Sunday, January 17, 2010

Smober - 2 years and counting

6.30pm, January 12 2008. The memory of the last draw from my last cigarette still lingers vaguely in my mind.

For those who have been following this blog, it may be strange that the subject of my old habit turns up. Actually, I started running because I stopped smoking. I was controlling my weight, filling the 'blanks' in my routine and keep my mind off smoking.

Between the last 48 months, I've been smober (except for one ciggie, and some 2nd hand smoke) and this year, I plan to remain smober.

It's not easy to explain this to people who have never experienced addictions in their lives. But for those who do (or did), they know how difficult it is.

Even to this day, I do still consciously refrain from this addiction every single time I see or smell the act of smoking.

Hence my top resolution for this year - to remain smober for 2010.

No comments: