Saturday, May 1, 2010

Shah Alam Buddhist Society Fun Jog

Date : 1 May 2010
Place : Bukit Rimau/Kota Kemuning
Time : 8.00am
Weather: Towards the warmer side
Course : Pretty flat

Running a race in the home ground is great fun!
1. You don't need to spend an hour to and fro to get the venue.
2. You can do your warm up by running to the starting point from your house.
3. You'll have time to go back, take a shower and pop back in to collect your prize!

This is a charity event, which generally caters to the general public and for a good cause.

The entrance fee (or donation) was steep at RM50, but like I said, it was for a good cause.

The race started off in a timely fashion and I went ahead in doing a rookie mistake by going out tooooo fast. I did the first km in 4:32.

Going towards the middle part, my pace dropped off dramatically to 5:45 and it was a very strong reflection of my fitness level now. As the number of participants were quite few, relatively speaking, I was in 3rd place (or so I thot) for my category out of 25, and kept thinking about the time that I would most probably finish in.

By the time I reached the 8km, my pace was about 5:50, but my heart rate was on the very high side. With the last km to go, I picked up the pace a bit, but didn't do an all out as the guy in front of me was about 300m away.

I finished in a time of about 54min, which was pretty slack, but ok given the extremely low mileage that I've been doing for the last few weeks or so.

As I collected my 'winners flag', I actually finished in 4th position. Seemed that Ong Chin was way up in front, and probably finished in less than 40min. No fight lah!

The organization of the race was actually quite good, with clear signs of who supposed to go where, and a staggered release according to category.

Too bad my wife didn't take part, else she would also probably have a top 5 placing for her category.

Anyway, it was a nice, cosy and well organized event and hopefully, they'll have 1 again next year.

Next race..Chicken Roosters run...maybe. Haven't registered yet. But I can't resist I think, as it's;
1. In Sunway! Very close
2. My kids are looking forward to it, as the ticket include entrance into Sunway Lagoon.
3. The event is named Chicken Roosters!

Till next time.

Regards,
Edmund

No comments: