Thursday, October 22, 2009

"Chi"cken Running

My old friend borrowed me this book on Chi Running by Danny Dreyer. It's a book on a running technique which borrows principle from 'Chi Kung' and learnt it from a practitioner called George Xu.

My fundamental understanding from this is that the core should drive the motion and the rest of the body is along for the ride.

I started the first steps in establishing the column and increasing my cadence. The first time was a bit tougher on the calves and the abdomen, but all in all, pretty good especially towards the end.

Looking forward to putting in more 'chi' runs as I go along and hopefully, it will turn out well. Better posture (no more hunchback from Notre Dame), better speed and injury free.....keeping my fingers crossed.

It has some teachings for both newbies and old hands at running, and there may be some benefits for those who have recurring injuries due to running.

Strictly recommended for those who love running.

No comments: